Back to School - Advice from James
The days of another Tennessee summer are coming to a close. For many of you, this summer was filled with bible camp, mission trips, Concord Road Church of Christ youth events, service to our communities throughout Brentwood, Nashville and well beyond state borders. You took part in retreats and developed deeper connections with your youth group friends through the shared love of God. But the fun doesn’t end just because the backpacks are being zipped up and lunches are being packed.
As you head back to your various schools, the shock back to the realities of the world can sometimes be overwhelming. But I am are here to encourage you to continue to live for Christ in all that you do, which includes the school day. A smile is never wasted and you’ll never regret uttering a kind word.
My Tips to You
Here are a few of my back-to-school tips and words of wisdom to take you from mission trip fun to historical facts and mathematics adventures, all while embracing the love of God.
- Consider it all joy. When you face trials the testing of your faith produces endurance.
- If you lack wisdom, ask of God.
- Ask in faith without any doubting
- You are tempted by the things you desire. This desire grows inside you until it results in sin.
- Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger.
- Prove yourselves doers of the world not merely hearers.
- Careless talk makes your offerings to God worthless. If your tongue is out of control, you are
- fooling yourself.
- Keep yourself free from the world’s evil influence.
Something to Remember:
“You’re never alone, God is always with you. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.” Philippians 4:13
As you journey through another school year, I will continue to pray for each of you every day. Good luck!